I find it hard to come up with good ideas for breakfast, which is why I get really excited when I find a good one. A while ago I came across a recipe for lemon poppyseed Greek yogurt pancakes. Let me tell you, they are delicious. Not only that, they are also really easy to make, and healthy.
I found the recipe from Two Peas and Their Pod. Here it is:
yield: 8 MEDIUM PANCAKES prep time: 10MINUTES cook time: 15 MINUTES total time: 25 MINUTES
* 1 1/2 cups white whole wheat flour
* 2 teaspoons baking powder
* 1/2 teaspoon salt
* 3 tablespoons granulated sugar
* 3 teaspoons lemon zest
* 1/2 cup plain Greek yogurt
* 1 cup skim milk
* 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
* 2 large eggs
* 1 tablespoon canola oil
* 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
* 2 tablespoons poppy seeds
* In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, and salt. In a small bowl, combine the sugar and lemon zest. Rub together with your fingers until fragrant. Whisk into the dry ingredients.
* In a medium bowl, whisk together the yogurt, milk, lemon juice, eggs, oil, and vanilla. Add the wet ingredients to the dry ones, mixing only until combined. Stir in the poppy seeds.
* Heat a griddle pan or non-stick skillet over medium heat. Spray with cooking spray. Pour about 1/4 of a cup of pancake batter onto the hot griddle pan, spacing out the pancakes a few inches from each other. When the pancakes start to bubble up, flip and cook until pancakes are slightly golden brown. Serve warm with butter, maple syrup, fresh fruit, or jam-if desired.
I usually pair it with some fresh fruit and sugar free caramel. Enjoy!